Hello PankajFaujdar ,
CDS Exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC; Feb and October/ November. The exam consists of Three sections English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. You are given an option to choose the defence academies: IMA, OTA, INA and AFA, as per your choices, and this is done while filling up the form.
If you clear the written exam you are given a date for your SSB (service selection board) examination. This test comprises of various tests to examine your personality. The tests are named as follows:
1) Screening Test: This test comprises of Officers Intelligence Test (OIR) and Picture Perception Description Test (PPDT).
2) Psychology Test: This test comprises of small segments of test like TAT, WAT, SRT and Self Description
3) GT Test (Outdoor Test): These tests are outdoor mostly but, have some indoor tasks also.
4) Interview: This is conducted by the Interviewing officer on one to one basis.
5) Conference: This is the place where all the assessors collectively decide whether a candidate should be recommended of not.
After getting recommended, you are required to undergo a thorough medical examination. This is followed by Merit list and then Joining letter!!