Hello ShrutiSinha ,
I totally respect the standpoint of our fellow blogger Maverick but it wouldn't be fair if you aren't told how can taking coaching be actually be fruitful and helpful to you.
First of all, it shouldn't be our concern whether the coaching institutes are earning in millions or billions, our focus should only be on if we are getting value for money spent on coaching. I totally agree that in times like today where everything can be accessed online without having to pay anything, a lot of people are in a dilemma whether to join coaching institutes. I myself took coaching from Olive Greens which greatly benefitted me in clearing my SSB.
Hereunder are the reasons why taking coaching proves really helpful:
1) Coaching institutes give you an insight into how the entire test of SSB is scheduled in a span of 5-6 days. They also give you a detailed briefing of what happens on what day.
2) Besides that, they explain you in detail the kinds of test, their nature and the manner in which they are conducted.
3) One of the biggest reason why coaching institutes should be preferred is that it gives you an SSB like experience. For eg. during the group discussion sessions the nature of discussions is very similar to that of an SSB; the coaching institutes offer a very similar environment for outdoor tests.
4) The biggest reason being, when in coaching institutes, you come in direct contact with the persons who have earlier been stationed at various SSB centres as assessors. They can actually tell you what are the qualities they look for in a candidate, and most importantly they can tell how can one improve his shortcomings.
5) Also, coaching institutes help you in realising what you are and what are your shorcomings. They dont make you mug up the best suited answers in an SSB but, make you modify your answers in a way that is intriguing to you and the assessor.
These are the few reasons I think one should consider before making a call on whether one should go to a coaching institute or not.
Note: Its very important to choose your coaching institute wisely.